firsts things first: i got a laptop of my very own, so i plan on using it to write in this here blog. *more on this in a minute.
secondly: i got a new hairdo:
here i am looking all saucy.
and finally i have been thinking of goals for the year 2011. i have read a lot of other people’s goals and it seems less daunting to know that others are throwing down the gauntlet. i can recognize what kinds of goals seem to be feasible (specific v. vague) and also that separating them into sections may help me keep them more organized.
keeping that in mind:
- long term goal: lose 40lbs by December 31, 2011. .
- stop eating fish products by January 31, 2011
- stop eating pork products by February 28, 2011
- stop eating beef products by March 31, 2011
- stop eating chicken (not eggs) by April 30, 2011
- stop eating eggs by May 31, 2011
- stop eating all dairy by July 14, 2011. dairy hurts my tummy greatly but i know it will be hard to break my dependence on it
- stop eating fast food (this includes pretty much everything but Subway) on January 1, 2011
- stop drinking soda on January 1, 2011
- eat a healthy breakfast every morning (this will require me to get up before 11am on Sundays: i’m soooo a heathen)
- work out at least three times a week. would like this to be 4, but i am being realistic here.
- take a yoga class before the end of the year
- put $50 in an account each month to prepare for Christmas/December (lots of b-days)
- work with husband to set aside some money each month (both of us or one of us) to use on future down payment on a house.
- pay off the credit card (again).
- husband will pay off his school bills by the end of the year.
- go on a nice date with the husband at least once a month. not just going to a movie with the guys.
- make time to go out with friends who are girls. i am pretty bad at avoiding going out with anyone but my husbands friends.
- go on a small vacation with the husband maybe even just checking into a hotel here in KC for an extended weekend. we have not gone anywhere since we went to Nebraska in 2008 with my family.
- keep up this blog. i am going to work on updating about meeting my goals and my progress in the great by 28 ideals.
this is a pretty lengthy list but i feel like it’s doable and having some certain goals will help keep me on track. i am not very good at being healthy in general, i have some pretty terrible habits but i also have passion and a strong desire to better myself.
so far i have avoided soda and fast food. it has been REALLY hard because i am kind of dependent on fast food. the hubs and i have a ritual of sorts when it comes to fast food and Monday’s but i did great today! and i had a pretty delicious salad for dinner! woot woot!
here’s to tomorrow!